About Performance Agreements
A performance agreement is specialized contract between the University and an Artist or non-UCSD Speaker. Delegated authority to sign and review these contracts lies with Minh Anthony Tran, the Director of the University Events Office (UEO).
- Performance Agreement is needed
- Music: e.g. Bands, DJs, and singers
- Dance: e.g. Dance companies and individuals
- Authors: Reading or speaking about his/her work
- Public Speakers: Inspirational/informational presentations to staff, faculty, and students
- Performance based presentations: e.g. Magicians, comedian, and jugglers
- Performance Agreement is NOT needed
- Performer/Speaker is a UC employee. (Contact your HR Department)
- Performance is directly related to an Academic Curriculum (Honorarium)
- People invited by UCSD to serve as guest speakers or participants in special events may be paid an honorarium.
- Payee is providing a professional expertise (Consultant)
- Payee is providing a service (Purchase Order)
All performance agreements for campus departments, UCSD staff, and faculty must be processed through UEO. For detailed instructions please visit the UCSD Blink page.
Performance Agreement Short Form
Generally used for an engagement or performance under $1,000 with no additional activities.
Performance Agreement Long Form
Generally used for an engagement or performance over $1,000 with or without additional activities and for international artist or speakers.
Student organizations must submit performance agreement via TAP (Triton Activities Planner). Questions can be directed to their advisor at the Center for Student Involvement.